"So tell me, what is it that you plan to do/ with your one wild and precious life?"
--Mary Oliver

Sunday, January 14, 2007

let me call you sweetheart


At our wedding dance, I asked the DJ to dedicate the song "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" to my mom. I love this picture from the wedding; every time I look at it, I'm reminded how very, very much I am loved. A mother's love is an incredible, powerful thing (as you moms out there realize!). I often imagine God's love for us as something similar, like being cradled gently in my mom's arms, enveloped by a love so deep and enduring that it's beyond comprehension, a love that is pure gift.

Just like my mom's love has always been pure gift.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

Those are such great pictures, Barb. Your close relationship with your mom and her love for you are evident in both of them. We are keeping her, and you, in our prayers.