"So tell me, what is it that you plan to do/ with your one wild and precious life?"
--Mary Oliver

Thursday, February 07, 2008

forgive me, baby-to-be

I can't take it anymore. Chronic migraines have completely hijacked my life. I can't sleep, can't think, can't write, go to chorale practice, see friends (or comment on their blogs!), go to church, or basically do anything that makes life worth living. SOME DAYS I CAN'T EVEN READ. AT ALL. I didn't even get to go caucus Tuesday night and I was SO excited about being part of Super Tuesday. So I talked to my neurologist today about going back on my migraine medication, Topamax, at least until I get pregnant. He says that as long as I keep taking my 4 mg. of folic acid(that's milligrams, not micrograms, ladies, because both Topamax and Neurontin, my seizure medication, increase the risk of neural tube defects), our as-yet-hypothetical baby should be okay.

Actually, if I don't get back on my Topamax, baby-to-be, you will probably never come into existence, because migraines aren't exactly conducive to babymaking. (Someday, when you're a little older, you'll understand what I mean. Your father will be the one to explain these things to you.)

1 comment:

LutherLiz said...

You need to take care of yourself to be able to take care of a future baby. I hope this helps.

Oh, and I tagged you!