"So tell me, what is it that you plan to do/ with your one wild and precious life?"
--Mary Oliver

Sunday, February 04, 2007

down again

Last Friday, mom's new nurse practitioner called with a few questions, and to set up a care conference for Feb. 13. Apparently mom was never evaluated for hospice at the last place despite promises that she would be. So I think they are finally going to begin doing the necessary lung function tests, etc., that Medicare requires for hospice placement. Regardless, the nurse warned me that mom's lung tissues are so damaged she doesn't have much time left.

I'm too tired to write anymore. But Jane and Missy, if you're reading this, thank you so much for your comments. I've read them over and over again. God bless you both--and the same to Liz, Liz, Emilie, and everyone else for your caring comments and prayers. Some days it's the only thing that keeps me going.

No comments: