"So tell me, what is it that you plan to do/ with your one wild and precious life?"
--Mary Oliver

Sunday, May 14, 2006

who, what, when, where, why

Who: Computer illiterate redhaired chick...
What: Attempts to enter the blogosphere...
When: This very day, Sunday, May 14...
Where:Blogspot.com, which I hope will be gentle with me...
Why: To keep in touch with friends, and hopefully entertain them with tales of my many mishaps and stumbles. Am also looking for a forum to talk incessantly about my wee little darling, Fiona, my (also) redhaired cocker spaniel.

Unfortunately, to my horror I have discovered that I need to know html (shudder) to put anything in my sidebar. So, dear readers (if any are out there), you shall be forced to wait in breathless anticipation for me to post such exciting things as my favorite books, movies, links, and other various obsessions.

This evening I will endeavor to attempt to post some pictures of Fiona. We shall see!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, welcome...and good luck! The html is something to be cautious with, but I think there was a tutorial about personalizing your links and stuff...check around the Dashboard tabs. I haven't updated them recently, but I know it wasn't so hard. Enjoy...!

Anonymous said...

This is great! I mean, I am so glad to see someone like myself who wants to try this blogging thingy. I too am hopelessly devoid of any expertise in the webology.
I am also a writer/publisher who is going through the longest drought of my career. maybe we can help one another or at least commiserate with each other.
Good luck and keep peckin'
J. Ison

Emilie said...

Great start, Barb. Don't worry - you'll pick up the HTML before too long! Keep posting ... I look forward to reading more.

Kerry said...

Welcome Barb! I look forward to reading more. PS- I know I still need to email you back...